May 16-19, 2018
Bulwagang Teodulfo Domingo
The NATIONAL SEMINAR-WORKSHOP ON ACTION RESEARCH FOR TEACHERS organized by the Center for Social Innovation, Local Knowledge and Educational Research and the Institutional Research and Publications Office of the University of Saint Louis invites teachers and and undergraduate and graduate students to share and to discuss their action researches and studies.
Any of the following topics is accepted for oral presentation:
· Educational Leadership and Administration
· School and Community Relations
· Educational Technology
· Science and Mathematics Education
· Social Sciences Education
· Arts and the Humanities
· Language and Literature
· Guidance and Counseling
· Economics and Business
· Health and Allied Sciences
· Local Knowledge and Indigenous Studies
· Other Related Fields
Guidelines for the Submission of ABSTRACT
1. An abstract of not more than 250 words must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in MSWORD format.
2. Use Arial font style in all parts, single spaced.
3. It should also include the following:
a. Title of the study
c. Name of the institution
d. The name of the person to present, underlined/highlighted
e. Three-five (3-5) key words.
4. All research abstracts must be submitted not later than May 1, 2018. Notification of acceptance will be issued on May 6, 2018 or earlier.
5. Those whose papers are accepted for presentation will have 15 minutes to present the Paper and 5 minutes for the question-and-answer portion.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
a. January 30, 2018 – Start of Call for Papers
b. May 1, 2018 – Deadline for the Submission of Research Abstracts
c. May 16-18, 2018- Conference Date
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR PAPER PRESENTATIONS
1. Each paper presenter is given 15 minutes for the presentation.
2. The Organizing Committee will give a unified powerpoint template to be used by all research presenters.
3. The floor for paper presentation will be equipped with a laptop and LCD projector.
4. The presentation will include the following:
a. Complete title
b. Author/s’ and co-author’s names
c. Institutional affiliation
d. Background and purpose
e. Framework/Plan of action
g. Major results
i. Recommendations and implications
j. References (optional)
5. The paper presenter will be informed if he/she five (5) minutes left and if he/she needs to wrap up and stop the presentation due to time allotment given to each presenter.
6. There will be a five-minute question-and-answer portion.
7. Recording of sessions by audio and/or video is prohibited. However, photography is acceptable.
8. Certificates of recognition will be awarded at the end of the parallel session.
PhP 2,200.00 for presenters and participants (inclusive of conference fee, pocket seminar fee, seminar kits, book of abstracts, lunch, snacks, certificates of participation and attendance, certificate of recognition to oral presenters). PhP 500.00 for those who will join the CAGAYAN optional tour on May 19, 2018 (inclusive of fare, breakfast, snacks, and pancit batil patung experience)
For inquiries, please contact:
The Conference Secretariat
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: (078) – 844- 0889 local 400